[mrtg] Aggregate Bandwidth

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Fri Nov 10 23:55:20 MET 2000

How would I go about aggregating the bandwith on each of a routers
interfaces.  I've been told that I can do this by simply specifying a
mathematical expression in my target configuration
(i.e. OID+OID).  Doesn't sound difficult.  I'm not sure however, where to
find the OID's for this or if this is specified by OID.  I've been told
all of the data I need is in the existing configurations, however, the
configs that we have have been generated by config maker and specify the
target in the form of:

Target[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:insertstring at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The part that confuses me is the /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where the x's represent
the interface IP address.  Can I specify this information in the
/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx form?  I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work.

I'd appreciate any assistance.

Brian Seppanen
Regional Data Center
Charter Communications