[mrtg] mailinglist monster

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 12 17:08:02 MET 2000

Oct 27 you sent me mail regarding [mrtg] Re: OT - Rudeness. - Well, almost...:

[...]
> supported by the same people who need it.  Tobi may occasionally
> answer oddball questions, but for the most part he has created a
> monster that has gotten WAY too large for him to feed by himself.
> Let's keep up the good questions and answers, and if there is the
> occasional reminder to RTFM, please don't take it as rude, just
> another option for figuring out the problem.

Folk,

As some of you may have noticed I am mostly off the net at the
moment ... So when I come back online I get to see how much mrtg
Mail I get (apart from the list) every day ... it is about 40
messages (about 5% are interesting non newbee type questions or
bug reports) ...

I just spent the last few hours reading through the mailing list
traffic, and I must say I am impressed .. most questions get
answered in a friendly tone. Thanks to all the Answerers ... :-)

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich