[mrtg] anyone up for a little perl coding?

Brady, Jeff JBrady at midatlantic.aaa.com
Mon Nov 13 16:00:51 MET 2000

Hello all,

I have a production MRTG system running the standard flat file method, and a
test system on the RRD method with 14all.cgi (both are nt4.0, IIS 4).  I
would like to get Frank Harper's SLAmon tool running on the test system
(source available here http://slamon.sourceforge.net/ ) It does graphing and
reporting on up/down time percentages, but it was written to run on Unix.  I
have been testing it under NT for a week or so, and testing changes to the
source files as best I can.  The only problems it appears to have are with
file paths, creating files, finding files, etc.  I have gotten closer and
closer at getting it to run by hard coding files paths into the scripts, but
have hit the wall of my knowledge of Perl (variables, special characters,
etc)  There are two CGI files, they have been the biggest issue.  The whole
thing is 5 or 6 perl scripts, about 2 pages each.

Are there any Perl gurus out there who would be willing to take a stab at
modifying these scripts to run under NT?

				Jeffery S. Brady
				Network Engineer
				AAA Mid-Atlantic
				2040 Market Street