[mrtg] Bandwidth Aggregation (Should this Work?)

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Mon Nov 13 21:50:11 MET 2000

I'm trying to set up a config that will add the utilization of two
interfaces.  I continue to get a configuration error.  Is there something
wrong with this config?  I've tried it a whole lot of different ways, and
none have worked.

Target[bandwidth]:
ifInOctets.1&ifOutOctets.1/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +
ifInOctets.1&ifOutOctets/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I have tried this in a format similar to the mrtg configuration
reference.  I have tried just adding up the InOctets.  I can snmpwalk
just fine.  Everything is working just dandy otherwise.

I saw that someone mentioned there is the possibility of arithmetical
operators not working properly, but I have a config that does an
arithmetical conversion of celsius to fahrenheit degrees, so I wasn't sure
if that could be a possible cause.   Any assistance, insight, would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Seppanen
Regional Data Center