[mrtg] Re: Move from rateup to RRDTool?

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Tue Nov 14 06:57:44 MET 2000

> I am in the process of testing the newest mrtg (2.9.4) and was thinking
about making the move to RRDTool from rateup.  The only place I have seen to
let mrtg know to use rrd is in the actual mrtg perl script.  So do I
understand it that all I need to do is add the line LogFormat: RRDTool to
that file and the convert all my .log files to .rrd?  Just seems too simple.
I don't want to try, mainly because I have at least 5 tests scheduled in the
next week where people in the company are depending on mrtg to give us
insights into connection performance.  I can't afford to have this go down,
and I don't want to put off converting any longer, at least in our test lab.

It should be as simple as changing LogFormat, and then create a new
index-page. You can use 14all.cgi to make that.

I'm running both in parallel, and i copied all the .log-files to another
directory and is running both in parallel.

Then every other day when I get 10 minutes free time, I alter my index file
to move one or two targets from old to new style.

Leif