[mrtg] Monitoring sick routers

Moore, Kevin - 8th - ITSD MooreK2 at idhw.state.id.us
Tue Nov 14 18:29:33 MET 2000

I have a couple of Cisco 7202 routers that are acting very strange and would
like to be able to monitor them for reachability.  What can I trigger from
that will give me a "down" condition if the router is unreachable by MRTG?

Most everything that I have tried to monitor gives me an error message when
the router is unreachable or it just ignores it.  I would like to use the
Threshold settings to page when this router is broken.

Thanks for your help...

Kevin Moore
State of Idaho, Department of Health and Welfare
Network Analyst
moorek2 at idhw.state.id.us