[mrtg] 2.9.4 file naming

Erik Denny erik at logical.net
Wed Nov 22 06:30:20 MET 2000

>From my testing, I'm beginning to like 2.9.4, but I have one little thing
bothering me.

Under previous cfgmaker's, It would name the files based on the
interface's reverse DNS, if found, then fall to interface #.

Naming conventions were easy-   location-x-interface.domain.name

Now, it's routername_IP address

That doesn't help me at a galnce to see what the file contains for data.

Is there a way to make cfgmaker default to the old naming behavior, but
with current functionality, without hacking it?

I'm almost tempted to simply create all files under the old script, and
then add the new particulars manually, but we're talking hundreds of
interfaces!!!!!

Ideas?

..erik