[mrtg] Cisco router problems

Claude Sherman CSherman at latinet.net
Tue Nov 28 15:20:07 MET 2000

I am trying to monitor the PVCs on our Frame Relay ports. With my Linux
Redhat 6.2 machine running the newest MRTG release, my machine will return
NoSuchName errors while monitoring the router´s frame relay ports while in
our other monitoring center, MRTG under WinNT monitors them just fine. Even
if I use the cfgmaker program, it detects the subchannels but returns errors
on those ports. I have programmed the .cfg file to use the Cisco mib file
which I got from the Cisco website but it gives the same results. I suspect
that it has something to do with the SNMP program on Redhat since that is
the major difference with WinNT.
Anyone that can help a novice in SNMP management?
Thanks

Claude Sherman
RAMtelecom
Quito, Ecuador