[mrtg] Re: Cisco router problems

Seth D. Mattinen sethm at roller.reno.nv.us
Tue Nov 28 18:30:04 MET 2000

on 11/28/00 6:20 AM, Claude Sherman at CSherman at latinet.net wrote:

> I am trying to monitor the PVCs on our Frame Relay ports. With my Linux
> Redhat 6.2 machine running the newest MRTG release, my machine will return
> NoSuchName errors while monitoring the router´s frame relay ports while in
> our other monitoring center, MRTG under WinNT monitors them just fine. Even
> if I use the cfgmaker program, it detects the subchannels but returns errors
> on those ports. I have programmed the .cfg file to use the Cisco mib file
> which I got from the Cisco website but it gives the same results. I suspect
> that it has something to do with the SNMP program on Redhat since that is
> the major difference with WinNT.
> Anyone that can help a novice in SNMP management?

I've found that in most cases when MRTG is giving you all of those
NoSuchName errors, it is still gathering information properly, and it's safe
to ignore.

Try running it through MRTG, errors and all, and see if it will graph what
you're expecting.

--
Seth D. Mattinen  sethm at roller.reno.nv.us  http://roller.reno.nv.us/
PGP Key: http://seth.mattinen.org/pgp.php