[mrtg] (Load Average) Representing Opaque: Float Data

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Wed Nov 29 17:00:38 MET 2000

hi all:

We're trying to monitor load average on a couple of boxes.  It looks like
the data is being returned just fine, but we aren't getting any graph
data.

The data returned from
$ snmpwalk localhost public .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.6.1
enterprises.ucdavis.laTable.laEntry.laLoadFloat.2 = Opaque: Float: 0.035156

Currently the config is set up with the only option being
Options[target]: nopercent

What does Opaque: Float: signify?  I'd appreciate any assistance.  I
believe the only reason we don't see anything graphed is that the data is
being misinterpreted.

 thanks,
Brian Seppanen
seppy at chartermi.net