[mrtg] Data Integrity with MRTG

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Wed Nov 29 22:05:12 MET 2000

Hi All:

This is slightly offtopic, but it is part and parcel of using MRTG
properly.  How do I determine the type of data being returned via SNMP?
Whether its a counter, a gauge, and opaque (whatever that is)?  I believe
all of this is buried in the many SNMP rfc's out there, but if you have
any sympathy at all for someone trying to figure out something quickly
without getting side tracked with a billion other details, I'd really
appreciate it.  Pointers are welcomed.

Thanks,
Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-3100 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy at chartermi.net