[mrtg] Re: Creating ?!

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed Nov 29 22:56:29 MET 2000

Ha Ha!  Good point.  Sometime the obvious is too far in front of
my face to see it.  I bet if you looked in the directory c:\mrtg-2.8.12
you'd see a file called run.  If you edit that file, I bet all your info
is in there.  If not, there is probably a filename.cfg in the run
directory that has any errors that may have occurred during the
creation of the cfg file.

Great sleuthing Isaac!

Paul

Filipa Gaudêncio wrote:

> I'm trying to create a cfg file, and here is the problem: i get a cfg file, but that one is empty. I believe that all the parameters are correct (communityname, path, ...), and i can't find the problem. the sintax i'm using is:
> c:\mrtg-2.8.12\run>perl cfgmaker comunityname at x.x.x.x c:\mrtg-2.8.12\run > filename.cfg

Based on my experience with the Unix/Linux version of cfgmaker, I would suggest that your command line be:

perl cfgmaker communityname at x.x.x.x > c:\mrtg-2.8.12\run\filename.cfg

Isaac Grover - isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
SJSU College of Engineering, ECS / Networking
ENG 237, (408) 924-4074