[mrtg] Re: List abuse

Jan Bacher jb at jbacher.com
Tue Oct 3 18:29:44 MEST 2000

At 11:03 AM 10/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
> > I have two suggestions:
> >
> > 1) some of the individuals that have benefited from Tobi's
> > contribution
> > work together to create an easy-to-read, lengthy document
> > that includes
> > many configuration examples.
> > 2) each new subscriber get an automated e-mail with all of the helpful
> > information described above along with the AUP upon
> > successful subscribe
> > to the list.

>But will they use it?  It seems most of the people on lists in general don't
>even bother to read the list guidelines.

"I also note that some of the problem lies not in the people failing to
read the documentation but in failing to understand what has been written."

"Easy-to-read"

Yes, it would be a huge effort; it would take more than one person; it
would take the cooperation of some of the more knowledgeable MRTG users.