[mrtg] Re: the final bugfix? mrtg-2.9.0pre31

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Wed Oct 4 09:54:42 MEST 2000

Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> yep, at least one person has tested the latest release ... (I am
> NOT impressed) ... indexmaker was broken ... fixed it ...

Well, I uses it and it works like a charm. However, if you want some
criticism, here's one:

MRTG_lib checks to much. For instance, if I use rrdtool, then I have
no use for an "ImageDir" or a "HtmlDir". Also, when I serialize the
MRTG-config files for use in my display scripts, I don't really care
weither it can find 'rrdtool' in the path or not.

I know this is kind of pedantical of me, but wouldn't it be more right
if these things were checked when needed, ie. by MRTG itself, than by
the config reader?

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway