[mrtg] Re: MRTG Docs

Barry Irwin bvi-mrtg-list at rucus.ru.ac.za
Wed Oct 4 19:56:11 MEST 2000

On Wed 2000-10-04 (11:12), Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>     Since there are many HTML volunteers, I will wait till we have a
> final version.  Then I'll convert that final version to PDF and
> redistribute that.  Would be pointless to do conversions when there are
> so many different ones.

Just  a suggestion but how about moving documentation for the project to
SGML  , and DOCBook in particular ? Makes it really easy to have one central
doc repository, from which a plethora of formats can be generated, html,
pdf, palmbook etc ?

SGML's actualluy pretty easy to pick up on. Supported under Emacs ( not
first prize 8P~ ) , LyX or written plain with vim.  Under win32 I know the
Corel suite allows one to export/import SGMl, and apparently MS software has
some support as well.

Comments ?
Barry