[mrtg] Re: Was "Mrtg+get-as5200 script"

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Thu Oct 5 17:13:21 MEST 2000

>But when I inserted this new target in "my primary"
> conf file,
> the result was an identical line for the analog and ISDN
> modem, with a value
> that
> seem to be the total number of used modem. Is this value correct?

> Target["Router's IP"]:
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0:public@"Router's
IP"

You are getting a single line because the 2 OIDs you're polling are the
same:
from CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0	cpmActiveDS0s
"The number of DS0s that are currently in use."

Your original problem, I believe, was with the external script 'get-as5200'.
If it's John McKay's script from http://piglet.calacomm.com/roots/, I don't
think it's designed to be used as an external script for mrtg.    It
produces an html file of all the users currently logged in to whatever
AS5200s you enter in to the script.  It doesn't produce any cli output like
mrtg needs to read.  (Is the author still on the list?  It is a very cool
program and our RAS admins love it!)

Here are a couple of MIBs you might want to check out for RAS monitoring, if
you're not finding what you want:
http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v2/CISCO-CALL-HISTORY-MIB.my
http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v2/CISCO-MODEM-MGMT-MIB.my
http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v2/CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB.my

I'm sure there are a few others but this is a good place to start.
-gr