[mrtg] Re: Was "Mrtg+get-as5200 script"

dreamer at esanet.it dreamer at esanet.it
Thu Oct 5 17:44:04 MEST 2000

>>But when I inserted this new target in "my primary"
>> conf file,
>> the result was an identical line for the analog and ISDN
>> modem, with a value
>> that
>> seem to be the total number of used modem. Is this value correct?
>
>> Target["Router's IP"]:
>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0:public@"Router's
>IP"
>
>You are getting a single line because the 2 OIDs you're polling are the
>same:
>from CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB
>1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0	cpmActiveDS0s
>"The number of DS0s that are currently in use."
>
>Your original problem, I believe, was with the external script 'get-as5200'.
>If it's John McKay's script from http://piglet.calacomm.com/roots/, I don't
>think it's designed to be used as an external script for mrtg.    It
>produces an html file of all the users currently logged in to whatever
>AS5200s you enter in to the script.  It doesn't produce any cli output
like
>mrtg needs to read.  (Is the author still on the list?  It is a very cool
>program and our RAS admins love it!)
>
>Here are a couple of MIBs you might want to check out for RAS monitoring,
>if
>you're not finding what you want:
>http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v2/CISCO-CALL-HISTORY-MIB.my
>http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v2/CISCO-MODEM-MGMT-MIB.my
>http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v2/CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB.my
>
>I'm sure there are a few others but this is a good place to start.
>-gr

Thanks. I originally used the get-as5200 script, but now I put the cpmActiveDS0s
string (duplicate!! :-)).
I found the list of all Cisco MIB, but I don't understand if I must put
the
number sequence or the word (ex: cpmActiveDS0s). There is way to convert
this
string in number?

Ciao, Gian.

http://www.bugit.org       BeOS User Group Italia