[mrtg] Re: About specific graphics in mrtg

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Thu Oct 5 17:39:58 MEST 2000

juan manuel rolán Losada wrote:
> Please send me some explanation about it. By the way,
> I'd need a type of graphic more accurate. The daily
> isn't interesting enough for me, because of the real
> necessity in studying time intervals more reduced. I
> mean one or few more hours time intervals graphics to
> reach a more specific and obviously accurate study of
> the wan traffic packets.

If you want to do this, you will have to use rrdtool instead
of rateup, poll more frequently and write your own display
scripts.

The first two is quite simple, but the latter is not. I have
incoorporated this feature in my own display scripts, but I
am afraid my employment agreement prohibids med from releasing
the source code (also, its probably to specialized to be of
much use for you).

I might be a little pessimistic here, as I added this feature
later and it clashed with my original design..

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway