[mrtg] About specific graphics in mrtg

juan manuel rolán Losada jmjuanma at mixmail.com
Thu Oct 5 17:17:41 MEST 2000

Greetings from Spain.

I'm a network manager beginner, employed at the Ntwk.
dpmt. of Bayer Hispania, located in Barcelona. Because
of my inexperience and novelty in these subjects, I
beg you a little of your attention.

I've already installed your mrtg program recently.
Althoug the basics aren't difficult to understand,
I've found some problems to configure several options,
like "perminute, perhour", or the scaling
variables "Xsize, Xscale, Xzoom".

When I tried configuring the option "perminute" in
this way, ...

### Interface 1 >> Descr: 'Ethernet0' | Name: 'Et0' |
Ip: '10.10.10.2'| Eth: '' ###

Target[10.10.10.1_1]: 1:public at 172.18.54.7
MaxBytes[10.10.10.1_1]: 1250000
Title[10.10.10.1_1]: Traffic Analysis for 1 --
rtpcim01
PageTop[10.10.10.1_1]: <H1>Traffic Analysis for 1 --
rtpcim01</H1>
Options[10.10.10.1_1]: growright, perminute

... appears the next message at the command line:

warning[10.10.10.1]:
warning[10.10.10.1]:
warning[10.10.10.1]:
warning[10.10.10.1]:

...About errors in the <table> section, next the
option "perminute".

ERROR:Please fix the error(s) in your config file

Please send me some explanation about it. By the way,
I'd need a type of graphic more accurate. The daily
isn't interesting enough for me, because of the real
necessity in studying time intervals more reduced. I
mean one or few more hours time intervals graphics to
reach a more specific and obviously accurate study of
the wan traffic packets.

Thanks to both you for your attention. I'll follow
your future advances about this program.

Sincerely yours

Tu correo gratis en MixMail http://www.mixmail.com
Inicia tu navegacion en http://www.ya.com