[mrtg] Data corruption

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sun Oct 8 10:17:26 MEST 2000

I have been running mrtg on a collection of devices for some time.
For a number of reasons, the work directory needed to be moved.  So,
I shutdown the cron entries for mrtg, moved the directory, updated
the work directories in the cfg files and restarted the cron entries.

However, the individual device data got scrambled.  There is a date
about 3 months ago from which all the data is correct.  The data
before that is from another device.  Since each device's data is
stored in a separate log file I am at a loss to explain how this
happened.  Its as if the last half of the data files got switched
around.

I suspect that tomorrow I will have to shut down mrtg again and go
manually move the log data back into the right files, but this is
bothersome.
--
-- Doug