[mrtg] GetIf & Mib Browsers

John W. Bankson jbankson at pswlaw.com
Mon Oct 9 18:51:57 MEST 2000

	I am trying to find OIDs for SNMP statistics that I want to monitor,
but I am having trouble figuring out what OID goes to what.  When I used
GetIf, the OIDs are shown, but no description is associated with them.

	For example, I know the MIB for Cisco Router CPU utilization is
1.3.6.1.4.9.2.1.57.0 however, when I browse to that OID, there is no
description.  The only reason I know the OID is for CPU utilization is
because someone told me.

	Is there a way to find out what each OID does?  Thanks.

John

    This  electronic mail  message contains CONFIDENTIAL information
    which is (a) ATTORNEY - CLIENT  PRIVILEGED  COMMUNICATION,  WORK
    PRODUCT,  PROPRIETARY IN  NATURE, OR  OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW
    FROM  DISCLOSURE,  and  (b) intended  only for  the  use  of the
    Addressee(s)  named  herein. If you are not an Addressee, or the
    person  responsible for delivering this to an Addressee, you are
    hereby  notified  that  reading,  copying,  or distributing this
    message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail
    message  in error, please reply to the sender and take the steps
    necessary  to delete  the message  completely from your computer
    system. Thank you.