[mrtg] Monitoring Big Blue (Open MVS)

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 21:21:06 MEST 2000

Our mainframe is running an IBM unix flavor called Open MVS. It has some
sort of SNMP agent that looks extremely daunghting to a poor non-mainframer.
It looks more complicated to configure than UUCP <G>.

Anyway, is anyone using this beast?

Has anyone tried to port the UCD-SNMP agent to a mainframe? How did you do
it?

The mainframe still has critical applications and I'd like to monitor it if
I could. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Fleet Mortgage Group		    Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?