[mrtg] 0 bits/sec outgoing?

Darryl Ross dross at syc.asn.au
Tue Oct 10 04:36:25 MEST 2000

Hey All,

I've just switched to cmu-snmp from ucd-snmp as I couldn't get it to report
the correct figures, and now I have another problem... The incoming rates
on all of my links are now correct, as far as I can tell (ftp and a
stopwatch), however, the outgoing rate is 0 bits/second.

Doing a 'snmpwalk' on the machines show ifOutOctets is 0, as MRTG is
reporting, so I know the error is not with MRTG, but the ifOutErrors are
all really large values, like I would expect the ifOutOctets to be. I'm
wondering if there is likely to be anything causing it? It is happening on
all of my routers (which are all RedHat 6.0). I know that there is not that
many errors on the link, as I am using it just fine, which would indicate
some bytes being reported in ifOutOctets.

I'm using RedHat 6.0 and cmu-snmp-3.4 on a variety of machines, from a
486DX2/66 up to a Celeron 466....

Also, one other thing, I'm using RRD and the routers.cgi by Steve. Is there
any way I can set it to NOT create unscaled graphs?

TIA. DR

--

Darryl Ross
Network and Systems Administrator