[mrtg] HP ProCurve 4000M

Jason M. Korkin jkorkin at korksoft.com
Fri Oct 20 19:35:39 MEST 2000

Hi,
    I'm new to the list, pls. be kind :-)

    We just installed the HP ProCurve 4000M onto the network today, and
we'd
like to be able to view the traffic going across individual ports - how
can
we do this with MRTG?

    We obtained from HP the SysObID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.9 and have
tried things like...

    ./cfgmaker_ip 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.9:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

    But it gives error messages like: SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr
sysContact sysName sysLocation ifNumber sysObjectID SNMP Error: no
response
received

    Does anyone have a sample config file that we could view, or any
pointers as to what we're doing wrong?  Should we obtain their MIB2?
Help!?

    Thanks,

    Jason Korkin.

--
KORKSOFT - Software & Internet Solutions
System Integration, E-Commerce, C++/Perl/PHP/ASP