[mrtg] Re: Bandwitdh Utilization Graphs

Steve Rowe steve.rowe at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Oct 20 23:08:09 MEST 2000

You will also need to change the MaxBytes command to:
MaxBytes[xyzx]: 193000

The YTics commands might be forcing the scale of the graph beyond the point
where it can show traffic.  You might consider removing these temporarily
to see if it has any effect. Are the "Max" lines under the graph reporting
any traffic stats?  Check the .log files to see if stats are being recorded.

At 02:32 PM 10/20/00, you wrote:

>You're dividing by 1930
>
>Any data you return is going to be pretty small.  take off the 1930 and see
>what that does.
>
>Scott
>
>At 02:25 PM 10/20/2000 -0400, garth at liu.edu wrote:
> >I'm using MRTG 2.9.2 to monitor my Cisco Internet router. My boss wants to
> >have a graph that monitors Bandwidth Utilization on the Serial Interface
> that
> >goes to the internet (which by the way is a T1).
> >I came up with the following configuration:
> >
> >workdir: /var/www/html
> >Options[_]: growright,
> >LogDir: /var/log
> >RunAsDaemon: Yes
> >

> >Target[xyzx]: 2:public at x.x.x.x / 1930
> >Directory[xyzx]: Internet
> >MaxBytes[xyzx]: 100
> >Unscaled[xyzx]: dwym
> >YLegend[xyzx]: % Utilisation
> >YTics[xyzx]: 10
> >YTicsFactor[xyzx]: 1
>

>-------------------------------------
>Scott Baker - Webster Internet - Network Technician
>503.266.8253 - bakers at web-ster.com
>
>Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things.
>The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions:
>could have, might have, and should have.
>       - Louis E. Boone
>
>--

-
\__ \      |   /                       Network Analyst - Data Systems Group
____/TEVE  |_|_\OWE               Information Technology - Sheridan College
                                     Trafalgar Campus - Oakville, ON, Canada
steve.rowe at sheridanc.on.ca                                         ./\.
Phone: (905)845-9430 x2032      ICQ:                            _|\|  |/|_
http://numb.sheridanc.on.ca   14509731                          \        /