[mrtg] MTRG under NT as Daemon, lot's of windows?

Nick_Ellson at or.blm.gov Nick_Ellson at or.blm.gov
Sat Oct 21 00:35:24 MEST 2000

Is MRTG supposed to open up lot's of console windows briefly when ever it
runs as a daemon under Win NT?

I started MRTG with this line:

start /b perl d:\apps\mrtg\bin\mrtg d:\apps\mrtg\bin\orso7500.cfg

It includes the RunAsDaemon: yes line.

When it runs I watch the perl command open up a series of console windows
and then close them. I figured it was for just the first run. The perl.exe
process was shown in my task manager so I knew it was running. 5 mins
later, here come the console boxes again. Should I be running this as a
service to stop these from showing up or am I doing it wrong?

Nick