[mrtg] Re: hacking cfgmaker

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:36:46 MEST 2000

Thanks, John!

I actually printed have your posting from 10 Oct where you listed these OIDs
sitting on my desk.

I have been able to get the CPU Util and % Disk Spaces Used from our Compaq
Insight Manager agents. But the Physical Memory values don't return. Reading
Compaq's MIB it says:

  DESCRIPTION   "Available paging memory (in megabytes).
             A -1 will be returned if this value could not be determined."

I guess on my boxes, the value could not be determined.

Was there anything you had to do to get those values? Any suggestions on how
I should hold my mouth <G>?

Patrick

>From: "John W. Bankson" <jbankson at pswlaw.com>
>To: 'Patrick Bartkus' <patrckb at hotmail.com>, mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
>Subject: RE: [mrtg] hacking cfgmaker
>Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:03:04 -0500
>
>I didn't change Cfgmaker, but I did run it against a Compaq server to set
>up
>the network utilization.  Also, I have manually added 3 other measurements
>that were important to me (CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk
>Utilization).  I don't exactly have the memory utilization configured
>correctly (It only populates the first line of the log file), I think it is
>something with my Target line calculations.  Hope this helps.
>
>John
>
>Here a sample cfg I use for a Compaq ProLiant ML370:

[deleted useful configs]