[mrtg] Re: Log not being correctly populated when using operands inside of t he target

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Thu Oct 26 17:25:33 MEST 2000

John,

In the places I'm using division, it works correctly.  But then again, I'm only dividing one result.  Maybe it's a problem with multiple operands in the same target?  Have you tried using two multiplies or two additions?

I thought MRTG only did integer values?  Could this be part of the problem?

Paul

>>> "John W. Bankson" <jbankson at pswlaw.com> 10/26/00 10:30AM >>>

Thanks Paul, your suggestion helped isolate the problem to the division of
the to sets of OIDS.  If the division is not there, then the log file is
populated correctly.  Is there a problem with dividing two OIDs.  The log
file shows the two correct values on the first line, but never fills in the
following lines (if using division).  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

John

BTW, here is what the log file looks like (I am logging percentages)

972512430 8.89423076923077 8.89423076923077
972512430 0 0 0 0
972512130 0 0 0 0
972512100 0 0 0 0
972511800 0 0 0 0