[mrtg] Re: OT - Rudeness. - Well, almost end of thread

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Fri Oct 27 15:06:05 MEST 2000

I don't really think an apology is necessary.  After you've been on this list a while, keep giving the same advice (Read The Fine Manual), and newbies ask questions that are *clearly* written (that is to say the answer to the question is there, but whether or not it is clear is something completely different) in either in the MRTG manual or another FAQ of some kind, it gets kind of old.  I  think I've seen the same answer given 20 times, when it could have been found in either the message archives or the FAQ with just a little bit of searching.  Plus, I think we all need to remember that this list exists for our exclusive use, and is supported by the same people who need it.  Tobi may occasionally answer oddball questions, but for the most part he has created a monster that has gotten WAY too large for him to feed by himself.  Let's keep up the good questions and answers, and if there is the occasional reminder to RTFM, please don't take it as rude, just another option for figuring out the problem.

Paul

>>> "Equipment Coordinator" <equip at localis.com> 10/27/00 08:53AM >>>

My apologies to everyone for posting a personal opinion which was Off Topic.
I especially want to apologize to Daniel for what I misunderstood.