[mrtg] Re: 1/4 of performance increasing when removing yearly graph?

tony bourke tony at vegan.net
Sun Oct 29 01:00:54 MEST 2000

little or none

Most of the CPU time is taken up generating the GIF/PNG files, not so much
the log updates.  You might try moving to RRDTool (brought to you by the
same people that brought you MRTG) and a frontend like Cricket.  The
advantage with RRDTool is that it's an actual database application,
instead of a flatfile, and cricket dynamcially generates a GIF/PNG only
when you view the page, and then only if one needs to be updated.  That
makes it much less CPU/Disk I/O intensive.

Tony

Tony Bourke				tony at vegan.net