[mrtg] Re: mrtg-2.9.3: cfgmaker Memory Problem

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at TO.GD-ES.COM
Sun Oct 29 19:07:07 MET 2000

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Keith McCallion wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:
>
> > Out of memory!
>
> Try a ulimit before running cfgmaker, and see if that helps. I have not
> run into this problem myself so it might be in the default environment
> or limits your OS sets up for you.

Keith:

In my environment its "unlimit".  I did play with running as `daemon' and
`root' as well as simply unlimiting all resources before reporting the
problem.  The major difference between the environments was how long
cfgmaker churned before reporting that it was out of memory.

If others have not encountered this under MRTG 2.9.3, the problem may be
related to the particular set of Cisco switches and routers that I use.

At any rate, the problem disappeared under MRTG 2.9.4.

Merton Campbell Crockett