[mrtg] MRTG running as daemon on HP-UX 10.20 plt problems

Riccardo Gentilucci gentilucci at mail.one.it
Mon Oct 30 12:09:02 MET 2000

Hi everybody,
I have installed MRTG, latest release, on a HPUX 10.20 plt (B1000 wks).

I have configured correctly the application and it has fine worked in a "crontab mode".

I've read about running application in daemon mode and I have done it.

I have proceeded as follow:
- I 've created the /sbin/init.d/run_mrtg file (like is mentioned in MRTG UNIX Installation Guide on MRTG official website)
- I've linked in the /sbin/rc3.d (run level 3 configuration start/stop files) as SXYZmrtg (where XYZ is a high number to have all services up in this run level)

THE BUG (I mean or I suppose!!):

The mrtg started via reboot o startup of the system is launched twice!!

MORE:

The process, configured as follow "fork:6 ", doesn't fork!!

The mrtg seems to work fine but I don't want to have double process running for the same target and I want the optimization of the forking processes...

Do U have some ideas about?

Best RGDS