[mrtg] Re: Advice for conversion to RRDTool

Isaac Grover isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
Mon Oct 30 20:57:31 MET 2000

Leif Neland wrote:

> The new .rrd files are all 94660 bytes, but the .rrd created from the old
> .dat file is only 84740 bytes.  All rrd files are being updated.

If your rrd files are being updated, then the conversion from mrtg to
mrtg+rrdtool went well, as it should have.

> The old interface is not being shown by 14all; the image is broken.

That would not be the fault of mrtg or rrdtool; that is just a path problem.
Take a look at your $cfgfile in 14all.cgi.  You might also want to verify that
your WorkDir (*or* HtmlDir, LogDir, ImageDir) are all writeable by the UID
mrtg is running as.

I may be missing some other more subtle configuration issues, but based on
your symptoms that's what I'd go after first.

Isaac Grover - isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
SJSU College of Engineering, ECS / Networking
ENG 237, (408) 924-4074