[mrtg] Problems installing ?

Brendan Davey brendan at eliz.tased.edu.au
Tue Oct 31 22:47:07 MET 2000

Hello Everyone,
	I've just down loaded mrtg and installed, following the instructions on the
mrtg.org site, I've installed gd, libpng and zlib, but upon configuring mrtg
to get to the make process it bombs out saying that it can not find the
following, which appears to be true when looking at the gd dir in reference:

checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no

** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.
   Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it and
   use either --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify
   its location. You might also have to use --with-z-inc, --with-z-lib
   and --with-png-inc, --with-png-lib for gd versions 1.6 and higher.
   Check config.log for more information on the problem.

I have tried the --with-etc to no avail.....

does anybody have any ideas whats going on, or why somthing is missing?

-thanks in advance

Brendan Davey             brendan at eliz.tased.edu.au      _-_|\
Network Manager                                         /     \
Elizabeth College         Ph  (03) 62 356 519           \_.-._/
Tasmania, Australia.      Fax (03) 62 312 242                V*