[mrtg] Re: Moving machines - how would it work?

Stieers, Ken KStieers at DainRauscher.com
Fri Sep 1 18:09:04 MEST 2000

Yes.  In fact, if the target lines point at names instead of IP, and the
names continue to resolve to the proper machines (ie. you update DNS, WINS,
whatever), the only thing that wouldn't be "right" would be the text in the
PageTop tag.  MRTG should just keep going without knowing the server moved.

Ken