[mrtg] snmp error

Arif Rudiana arif at divlat.telkom.co.id
Wed Sep 6 02:27:54 MEST 2000

Dear list

I have some newbie's question.. about mrtg... I'v installed mrtg on my
freeBSD box. I've created mrtg.cfg
through  guide that i found in config.html
then issue this command:

# ./mrtg  mrtg.cfg

after few minutes i 've got the error message like this

SNMP Error :
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (Remote host: "1.2.3.4" [1.2.3.4].161
                        community:  "public"
                         requets ID: 691061076
                       PDU bufsize:  8000 bytes
                                  timeout: 2s
                                  retries:  5
                                  backoff:  1 )

SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.2  ifOutOctets.2  sysUptime sysName
ifDescr.2 on public at 1.2.3.4
SNMPGET Failed to reach target: "2.public at 1.2.3.4". I tried multiple
times..

during compile process i didn't get error messages, so i think these
error don't come from it.

is This possible come from mrtg.cfg ?... or anything else ....

can anyone help me ?.....

Thank you Very Very much

ARIF
computer and communication group