[mrtg] MRTG and my script for ipchains (fwd)

John Lange john.lange at darkcore.net
Wed Sep 13 01:47:42 MEST 2000

I have found a mistake in my scripts for MRTG to work with ipchains
accounting rules. Turns out I messed up and my script was reporting the
packet counters, NOT the byte counters....

It still made a pretty graph that roughly reflected traffic, but the
displayed data was useless for tracking actual data transfered.

While this is not a big deal, it is probably important to the few people
who are using MRTG with ipchains so I'm putting it up on my FTP server
directly rather than waiting for the next release of MRTG.

ftp.darkcore.net/pub/ipchainacc-1.1.0.tar.gz

Sorry for the error.

Regards,

John Lange
Darkcore Administrator