[mrtg] Re: Mrtg in Mail Server

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Wed Sep 13 09:58:32 MEST 2000

Mario Marquez wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I want to MRTGing a Linux-Mail-Box in order to know how many mails cross
> the box per 5 minutes.
> I know I need a spècial pack to linux called UCD-DAVIS SNMP.
>
> Does anyone have experience monitoring mails using that tool?

Hmm, the UCD SNMP package (http://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu/) is for
gathering information via. SNMP and setting up SNMP agent for
serving information via SNMP. I'm afraid I don't see where this
comes in if you just want to monitor the number of mails per
time unit. I beleive I would have written a small perlscript
that returned the number of mails in queue in MRTG format (see
the MRTG documentation) and use that for gathering the infor-
mation for MRTG.

> I'd appreciate more information

So would we. :) Where does it say that you need UCD SNMP?

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway