[mrtg] Re: Catalyst 2900, pulls blatently wrong data

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at TO.GD-ES.COM
Wed Sep 13 23:18:32 MEST 2000

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Steve Creel wrote:

> I've got a Cisco Catalyst 2900 switch, and a few ports on it fail to show
> any traffic that is actually moving through the ports.  It will constantly
> show 280 bits/second (actually fluxes from 280 to like 279, but
> anyway...).  I did a "clear counters" for that interface on the switch,
> and presto - traffic shows up properly.  Then, like 6 minutes later or
> something [mrtg runs on 2 min. intervals], it stopped again.  I did a
> clear counters again, boom, there it goes, and then reverts back to
> 280bits/sec...  The Catalyst shows proper information when you do a show
> int [or atleast as far as I can tell].  Anyone have any ideas?  All of the
> devices on this unit do the same thing.

I have the problem with my old Catalyst 2900-XL.  The new ones that I
purchased late last year work fine.  Unfortunately, I haven't had time to
figure out what needs to be done to the old units so that I can upgrade to
the new firmware.

Merton Campbell Crockett