[mrtg] Thresholds on Win32

Starkweather, Mike (CNS) mike.starkweather at anheuser-busch.com
Fri Sep 15 22:40:02 MEST 2000

I just started using Thresholds on WinNT 4.0 and ran into a couple of problems
in the MRTG code.  I am using V2.8.6 but they still appear to be present in
v2.8.12.  Running ActiveState, somewhere around build 518.

Can someone look at this and tell me if I have made a mistake somewhere.  Maybe
this is related to the fact that I am using the "default" form of the commands (
e.g. ThreshDir[_] )?

In the quickcheck routine, the braces are missing on the Threshdir statement.

Original:
     'threshdir' =>
     ['$arg && (-d $arg)','"Threshold directory $arg does not exist"'],

My modification (add the square braces after threshdir):
     'threshdir[]' =>
     ['$arg && (-d $arg)','"Threshold directory $arg does not exist"'],

Also in quickcheck, the executable tests for the threshold programs does not
work on my system.  I just put the Perl script name that I want to run in the
config file and it works fine.  "-x" returns false for a Perl script on NT so I
made the tests all "-e".

Original:
     'threshprogi[]' =>
     ['$arg && (-x $arg)','"Threshold program $arg cannot be executed"'],

My modification (changed the -x to a -e)
     'threshprogi[]' =>
     ['$arg && (-e $arg)','"Threshold program $arg cannot be executed"'],

An excerpt from my config file:
ThreshDir[_]: f:/webdata/wwwroot/mrtg/routers/thresh
ThreshMinI[_]: 10
ThreshProgI[_]: threshi.pl
ThreshProgOKI[_]: threshiok.pl

Thanks for the help...Mike Starkweather