[mrtg] Running MRTG Multiple cfg files

Alan Rader arader at finishlines.com
Mon Sep 18 23:39:01 MEST 2000

Not sure of the easiest way to explain this, but I have many many routers I
want to eventually monitor.  I have MRTG running on a NT box.  So I will
have bunches of xxxmrtg.cfg, yyymrtg.cfg, zzzmrtg.cfg etc.  What is the
easiest way to have these run all the time?  Can this be ran as a service?

I have the resource kit installed and I created a mrtg.bat file in which I
put

perl mrtg xxxmrtg.cfg
perl mrtg yyymrtg.cfg
etc

then used the service wizard to make a service to run mrtg.bat, but that did
not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Alan Rader
Finish Line, Inc.
Network Administrator