[mrtg] MRTG Web-Based Config Maker Front-End

Jason D. Jordan guru at swami.pcguru.com.au
Tue Sep 19 02:14:50 MEST 2000

Howdy Folks,

Would anybody be interested in a web based front-end to cfgmaker?

I've hacked up a forms based front-end that works perfectly for me, but I'd
really like to run it past a perl wizard first and have it tidied up as I am
NO programmer.

This frontend was written specifically to avoid network staff having to
learn MRTG/CFGMAKER/14ALL and batch scripting (under NT 8-)).

Currently it asks for IP, Community name and Workdir, then simply runs the
cfgmaker routine, adds the config to the 5 minute schedule and also adds the
entire cfgmaker line to anotherbatch file which gets executed every night.

It's a *very* simple idea, but one which I hadn't seen anyone else do.

What goes hand in hand with this script is another which simply enumerate
the cfg directory and pulls out all files ending in ".cfg" then it rewrites
them as URLs so that the cfg can be accessed with 14ALL.CGI.  Again *very*
simple but it means staff here can add devices without having to learn a
heap of stuff.

Perl Wizards - the bulk of the work is done (I think).... Please help me
polish these scripts up so they can be distributed.

Cheers,

Jason "Spaghetti Coder" Jordan