[mrtg] Monitoring sendmail through WinNT

Drouillard, Ken ken at ivey.uwo.ca
Tue Sep 19 16:07:12 MEST 2000

Hi all,
Forgive my ignorance if this has been covered before, I have searched the
docs and online help files, etc, but have not found much information on this
subject. I currently run MRTG on an NT system just fine. I would like to use
this to monitor the # of messages sent and received through sendmail on a
LINUX system. We have mailstats running on the LINUX side and it will output
the #'s if you telnet to a specific port.....but how do you go about getting
that from an NT box and turn it into a "graph-able" stat?
Is this info also available through SNMP?
If there is anyone that can "donate" a comprehensive guide to this, I would
appreciate it immensely.