[mrtg] PNG's rather than GIF's

Ledwidge, Feargal FLedwidge at wyle.com
Wed Sep 20 09:04:46 MEST 2000

I recently upgraded by GD libraries to try and use PNG images rather than
GIF's. Heres evidence that gd-1.8.3-1 is installed:

	[root at doomsday archive]# rpm -i gd-1.8.3-1.i386.rpm
	package gd-1.8.3-1 is already installed

But once I did that, MRTG started dying with the following message

	/u/mrtg/mrtg-2.9.0pre27/bin/rateup: error in loading shared
libraries: /u/mrtg/mrtg-2.9.0pre27/bin/rateup: undefined symbol: gdImageGif
	WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0 with Exit Value 127 when doing
router 'orlando-r1_et0'
	Signal was 0, Returncode was 127

So I try configuring & making MRTG again - but running configure includes
the following results:

	checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... yes
	checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no

So ... I know I should be able to handle PNG's because thats all the 1.8
handles (no longer any GIF support - so the check for gdImageGif SHOULD fail
but doesn't) - but MRTG isn't figuring it out correctly - so I'm left with a
non-functioning MRTG ....

Any suggestions ?

Feargal

 Feargal Ledwidge, CCNA CCDA CCNP