[mrtg] Re: 14all displays error graph but no debug messages.

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Mon Sep 25 14:49:44 MEST 2000

In article <004301c024e5$3b00c1f0$010a0f0a at digicontech.com>,
	dmcdonald at digicontech.com ("Daniel J McDonald") writes:
> But I get red PNG files that say Error: Cannot create graph instead of
> graphs fairly often. A simple re-load of the page will fix it, but it
> would be nice to not have to do that.

Could be a timing problem or something with access rights. Normally I
would tell you to set "14all*GraphErrorsToBrowser" but:

> I tried turning on 14all*GraphErrorsToBrowser: 1, but I got no output.

this option requires the GD perl module which requires libgd. (If you
have GD installed than there might be a bug in 14all)

A quick hack to get the real error message: Add the line

   print STDERR scalar(localtime),"[14all] $errstr\n";

to 14all.cgi at line 440, i.e. just before the line

   if (yesorno($config{'14all*grapherrorstobrowser'})) {

and you will get the error message in your web servers error log.

Rainer
Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de