[mrtg] Re: Measuring latency and packet loss

Peter W. Osel pwo at mc.HL.Siemens.DE
Wed Sep 27 06:58:32 MEST 2000

ks> ...
ks> I am running mrtg on a linux box and I wanted to know if anyone is
ks> measuring latency/packet loss in respect to their leased lines.
ks> ...

Kenyatte,

you might use mrtg-ping-probe to measure round trip time, or
mrtg-misc-probe to visualize the delay as seen by NTP.  packet loss
will be part of the next version of mrtg-ping-probe, which I hopefully
release in October.

Check out
	http://pwo.de/projects/mrtg/
and
	ftp://ftp.pwo.de/pub/pwo/mrtg/

Share & Enjoy!

        --pwo

--
Peter W. Osel                   Sr. Network & Systems Manager
Infineon Technologies           Email: pwo at Infineon.COM

pgp key fingerprint = 79 2D DD 49 C0 AA D8 CF  2C F9 A5 6A BA 37 0E 28