[mrtg] Cisco Interface Description

Sarah Woerdeman swoerdeman at fbfs.com
Fri Sep 29 17:21:26 MEST 2000

Hello all! I would like to use the actual description of an interface in my
config file; however, using the standard mibs for devices, the description is
more like the Name of the interface. For example, we use serial interfaces that
are labeled as such Serial4/0/0 and that is what the MIB for description sees as
the description, but in the config on the router the descripiton is T1 to New
Mexico. Does anyone know how I can get the actual "description" of the interface
MIB? Thanks!