[mrtg] Re: Solaris 2.8 on a Sun Enterprise 4500

Travis Dawson tdawson at bluemartini.com
Sun Apr 1 03:42:16 MEST 2001

Do NOT use the SNMPD that comes with Solaris
Please read CERT Advisory CA-2001-05.
In short it says that the snmpdx that comes with solaris is a root hack
waiting to happen.
Fun huh.
Use Net-SNMP, its much more extensible and a lot better documented.

At 01:00 PM 3/30/01, John Oliver wrote:

>Ryan_Terry at nas.adp.com wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone ever actually pulled CPU stats from a Solaris 2.8 box?  I am
> > struggling trying to pull these statistics.  The Linux OID's do not work.
> > I am running the snmpdx that came out of the box in the installation.  Do I
> > have to upgrade snmp, install a new mib?  Any ideas?
>
>A) Have you found a MIB on Sun's site?
>
>B) Try doing an snmpwalk... if you have the correct MIB installed, you
>should be able to find the CPU stats pretty easily.

-tdawson
-Network Geek (Bit Pusher)
-BlueMartini Software