[mrtg] Re: Problem

Grendel grendel at interq.ad.jp
Mon Apr 2 18:51:05 MEST 2001

Hi,
	Okay, I'm assuming that you have a bunch of people in an office
connected through a hub or switch to a router, and you want to figure
out how much each person is using. Your best bet is to get an SNMP
capable hub or switch, keep track of who is connected to each port,
point cfgmaker at the switch or hub, edit the cfg to add the names you
wrote down, and then point indexmaker at that config. SNMP as it is on a
router doesn't keep track of traffic to and from destination IP
addresses as far as I know, only of traffic through ports.
	If you're talking about a dialup access server on the other hand, then
that's a different breed of animal. What machine are you trying to graph
anyways? Information like that might lead to a more specific answer to
your problem.

Best regards,
James
Tokyo, Japan