[mrtg] make problem

Julien Borne julien.borne at detexis.thomson-csf.com
Tue Apr 3 11:36:33 MEST 2001

hi all

During my mrtg's installation on a Solaris 2.6 system, i get some
problems, in particular when i try to install libpng:

# make -f scripts/makefile.std CC=gcc ZLIBLIB=../zlib ZLIBINC=../zlib
gcc -I../zlib -O    -c -o png.o png.c
[blah blah...]
gcc -I../zlib -O    -c -o pngpread.o pngpread.c
ar rc libpng.a  png.o pngset.o pngget.o pngrutil.o pngtrans.o pngwutil.o
pngread.o pngrio.o pngwio.o pngwrite.o pngrtran.o pngwtran.o pngmem.o
pngerror.o pngpread.o
make: ar: Command not found
make: *** [libpng.a] Error 127
#

and if I then try with another 'make' that is present on my system (this
one seems to understand the 'ar' argument):

# make -f scripts/makefile.std CC=gcc ZLIBLIB=../zlib ZLIBINC=../zlib
ar rc libpng.a  png.o pngset.o pngget.o pngrutil.o pngtrans.o
pngwutil.o  pngread.o pngrio.o pngwio.o pngwrite.o pngrtran.o
pngwtran.o pngmem.o pngerror.o pngpread.o
ranlib libpng.a
sh: ranlib: Introuvable
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libpng.a'

Any idea? i've downloaded make-3.79, no change (and yes, it is right
installed, not just copied :-P )
Thks

Julien